Friday, May 25, 2012

5th Year...

It was our 5th year anniversary! When we were married in 2007, we never knew where we would be on our 5 year anniversary.
Our plans for today, back then, was not this. We thought we would be back to our honeymoon spot with our kids, enjoying each other company. Five years later, 2 kids, and twins on the way...it just wasn't in the cards!

Needless to say, we had to make different plans...it just so happens that Matt and I love Mr. Harland Williams! We watch his stand up, him on late night shows, and in movies. I heard him on the radio, on my way to take Kaylee to school. I didn't even get out of the car when I got home so I could finish listening to him. I went inside and ordered the tickets the second I realized he was going to be in town on our anniversary!



We had babysitters planned and spent the evening in SLC.
Here we are waiting for the doors to open. It was General Admission.



While we waited in line, Matt and I were trying to decide if we dared to sit up front, since we only were like tenth in line....as they opened the doors, I just walked up to the front. This is Harland in the flesh! Second row, on the end, right by him. We got picked on by this crazy guy and laughed so much my whole body hurt! I'll tell you how we were included in the show, mind you he is naughty sometimes:
*He asked Matt what kind of car he drives, "a Jeep"-"Oh, PLAYER, player!!"
*He asked me if I have any kids-"ya, two and two on the way"-"TWINS!! Your gonna need a neck brace!" Matt says, "I need another beer" then Harland says"did you watch the others come out?, I sure couldn't, that's so nasty! Plus I played to much Whack-a-Mole, so i'd just want to whack em back in!"
*We ate at the comedy club. I was full after eating only half of my chicken sandwich. Harland decided to grab my other half and pretend it was a space ship. He then proceeded to put it on top of another ladies head! The girl didn't look happy about it. And of course I didn't get to take my sandwich home that night...


After the show we were able to go meet him, after all he owed us half a sandwich...
We told him we loved him and enjoyed the show! He told us good luck on the twins and asked us to name them after him! To bad they are girls and that isn't possible!

He had a joke that "Laughter is the best medicine', so I went to the hospital and went to the sickest floor they had. I stood in the rooms and laughed at them!! It made me feel better but they still looked just as sick"


Laughter was great for us! What a great night we had! Love ya babe!

1 comment:

aaronandshandee said...

very cute! sounds like you both had a good time!