Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Kim & Grandma Pat...

Twelve years ago on April 4th I woke up to the phone ringing early in the morning...I answered to hear a man on the phone ask for my parents. I didn't realize then how much my life would change...

My sister, Kimberly Diane Despain had passed away.

....

This picture is of us at my sister, Sandra's wedding.


How precious is this one? She was helping clean ice cream off my face! She was always very kind to people!

These classic Halloween costumes, I believe my mom made. Lots of kids wore these & we wore them for many different years!



Kim, I'll always remember the good times we had, the laughter, the tears, me following you around, getting into trouble together, taking each others falls! You taught me a lot and I looked up to you! I will carry your memory with me to share with my kids! Your always in my heart! I miss you everyday!!

I love you!!


April 4th, 2011

Today we lost a beautiful lady! Grandma Pat returned to heaven. We were all able to say our goodbyes. It was a difficult time for us.

I didn't know that the last time I would see her would be at Chuck E Cheese but I'm glad it hadn't been but only a week before.

Matt saw her the night before & I am so grateful for that, I only wish we had all went to see her.


This is her obituary:

Beloved mother and grandmother Patricia Alyce Street Bigler was born September 7, 1930 in Sparta, IL, to George and Stacy Mayer Street. She passed away suddenly on April 4, 2011, surrounded by her family. She is survived by Richard Bigler, her daughter Stacy (Dennis) Brady and her son Zack Bigler, her grandchildren, Holly (Jess) Green, Matthew (Andrea) Brady, and Seth (Mindy) Brady, great-grandchildren, Cameron, Cambree, Isabelle, Kaylee, Henlee, Kenya, Cameo, Navi, Maverick and her 10th great-grandchild who is on the way. Her family was her greatest pride and joy, she loved spending time with her grand and great-grandchildren. She loved the mountains, her flowers and was an avid Nascar fan. She retired from the billing department at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center. A graveside service will be held on Thursday, April 7th in Coalville



This is Halloween this year...she wore an old witch mask that I believe was even her moms! That's just how cool she was!


This is her last birthday!




When we came out in Januray & all us girls were together!


The Lion King on Broadway...Grandma wasn't very thrilled with it. She also had never seen the movie...
Us at Pirate Island last January.


I believe this is the last girl picture taken with all of us girls...minus Bell, Kaylee, Kenya, Cameo, and Navi.


Matt & Grandma! He always spoke very highly of her!



Mothers day 2010



She was always so excited to see me, which made me happy! We had a lot of getting to know each over this last year! I am so grateful that my kids got to know her! Kaylee said she will miss her hugs when she leaves her house & her standing at the door way till you drove away!

I will miss her dearly and the house wont ever be the same with out her around!

We love you Grandma Pat!


No comments: